Skills & Abilities
- Data entry
- Typing and transcribing
- Microsoft Office applications – Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook
- Google G Suite applications – Drive, Gmail, Slides, Sheets, Docs
- Familiarity with social media and blogging platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Blogger & WordPress
Communication & Research Skills
- Email composition
- Intermediate working proficiency in Spanish
- Public speaking & presentation skills
- Library & database research experience
June 2017 – Present
Deputy Campus Organizer, NextGen Virginia
- Registering voters, processing forms, entering information into online databases, canvassing, and recruiting and managing a team of volunteers, working to increase political engagement and youth voter turnout on my college campus and the surrounding areas.
March 2017 – Present
Document Transcriptionist, The Papers of James Monroe
- Transcribing letters written to and by James Monroe, working with digital scans of nineteenth-century documents and library-based print volumes.
Sept. 2015 – Nov. 2015
- Participated in campaign activities, including phone banking, turf-cutting, and canvassing, interacting directly with voters in a highly-contested district for a successful state senate campaign.
University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA
B.A. in English, B.A. in History
- Expected graduation Spring 2019
- Methods of Advanced Literary Studies
Studied widespread perspectives of literary theory, including psychoanalytic criticism and feminist & Marxist theories, with a focus on intersectional thinking.
- History Practicum
Prepared a research project over the course of the semester, managed a WordPress course blog, and practiced public speaking skills culminating with a final presentation.
- History Colloquium
Gained experience with library research and online databases, focused on the process of research and crafting an argument, culminating with a final research paper and presentation.
- Journalism Practicum
Working with the student-run newspaper, interviewed sources, researched, wrote, and published four articles over the course of the semester for various sections of the paper. Publication examples available on request.
UMW Young Democrats – In all my positions, I collaborate with other executive members to create presentations and run weekly meetings.
Vice President: April 2017 – Present
- Assisting the president in their duties, helping run meetings, and communicating with political campaigns on behalf of the club.
Secretary: April 2016 – April 2017
- Took notes for weekly club and executive meetings and managed the club email account, including composing and sending the weekly email.
UMW Creative Writing Club – In all my positions, I help plan and run club meetings and group workshops.
Vice President: April 2016 – Present
- Assisting the president in their duties, and composing and sending the weekly email.
Secretary: Sept. 2015 – April 2016
- Took notes for weekly club and executive meetings, managed the club email account, and organized the annual Spring Poetry Slam event.
Travel, gardening, genealogy, yoga, literature, politics, interior design